- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 55g or 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 500g or 2 large red onions, diced
- 120g or 2 capsicums
- 700g or 6 tomatoes or 2x400g tins of crushed or diced tomato
- 400g or 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 700g or 2 medium zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup packed basil, roughly chopped
- Sprig of thyme - you can use dried herbs, but the park where you’re staying may have fresh!
- Salt to taste
Once you have chopped all your vegetables, we like to start with cooking off the eggplant. Once it’s caramalised a bit and softened, remove from pan and set aside.
Cook off the capsicum and set aside.
Now add diced red onion, zucchini, garlic and cook off until garlic starts to caramalise.
Add the eggplant and capsicum back in with the other vegetables, adding the diced (or tinned tomatoes. You can also add a cup of red wine here if you wish.
Now add the fresh (or dried herbs) and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve with cous cous, rice or desired protein.
The full feature appeared in Caravan World #565. Subscribe today for the latest caravan reviews and news every month!