In the October 2009 edition of CW, we invited readers to tell us which RV innovation they’d like to see at the Melbourne Leisurefest show, for a chance to win one of six four-person passes.
The Melbourne Leisurefest show will run from October 1-4, 2009 at the Sandown Racecourse.
The pass packs comprise four adult tickets, each valid for one day, and will enable the winners to see the latest caravans, motorhomes, camping gear, boats, fishing equipment, 4WDs, touring information and accessories.
Manufacturers take note: our CW-reader think tank yielded some interesting results…
- Suzanne Harris’ idea promises piece of mind. “I would like something that would help my husband back the van onto a site easily. This might stop him raising his voice and blaming me for not directing him.”
- Jennifer Connor of Narre Warren North wants self-schoolers: “Home-schooling primary-school children, while travelling across Australia.”
- Marc Postma eloquently describes this universal want. “An auto-erect caravan annexe. At the press of a button, the electric awning extends and the annexe is automatically extracted from the side of the caravan, and drops into place.”
- Ann Suter takes it one step further... “My idea of camping innovation would be to see tents that have one-touch buttons to put themselves up and down. Oh, and two storey, too!”
- And again, on tents, Michelle Richardson suggests: “A floating tent: no more rocks in my back, and if it rains, I'll never be flooded. Only problem is if there's a tornado – then I'd fly away like Dorothy.” – mark II, perhaps?
- The Donatos’ idea draws comfort from the sun. “A solar shower that never runs out of hot water! Endless comfort for when we're roughing it.”
Congratulations to all of our prize winners and thank you to everyone who participated: your creative energy and humour was appreciated.