We aren’t strangers to exploring Australia’s beautiful landscapes here at Caravan World. From the old favourites plenty of us return to time and time again, through to the well-kept secrets that take you away from the crowds, this country is built for adventure.
But staying safe while on the road is always a priority, and one of the key bits of tech to ensure a safe trip is a reliable method of communication.
And to help with that, GME has launched a global-first XRS radio with built-in GPS tracking — ensuring true location awareness without relying on a smartphone to provide location data.
Only a small part of Australia’s landmass — about 27 per cent — is covered by mobile phone reception, while many other areas enjoy less than reliable coverage. This means having a device that can keep you connected with family, friends and most importantly essential services even while travelling in mobile phone black spot areas is essential for your safety and peace of mind.
In addition to being the first XRS radio to include built-in GPS tracking, the XRS-660 has a number of other exciting new features:
- TFT LCD Screen: The transflective colour display TFT LCD screen ensures users can enjoy a high-quality display screen in all kinds of environments and weather, including full sunlight.
- Bluetooth audio connectivity: The device can wirelessly connect to an extensive range of third-party audio accessories, providing users with new and improved ways to stay connected while travelling.
- IP67 Ingress Protection: This protection rating ensures the device is protected from water and dust ingress.
- MIL-STD810G rating: The device has undergone rigorous testing to ensure it can withstand heat, cold, shock, humidity and more.
Designed to hold up against Australia’s harsh conditions, the XRS-660 is the toughest and most advanced handheld UHF Radio yet, and for further assurance, it is backed by a five-year warranty.
The full kit includes:
- 5W XRS-660 Handheld UHF CB Radio
- 2250mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack
- Rapid Desktop Charger
- AC Adaptor
- Belt Clip
- Quick Start Guide
GME safety expert, Tony Crooke, said for Aussies travelling or working in remote and regional areas, staying in touch is vital to ensuring they get home safe.
“That’s why GME is proud to launch the XRS-660 — the first-ever XRS handheld radio with GPS tracking capabilities. Building on the market-leading innovation of GME’s popular range of XRS Connect UHF CB radios, Australians can now have total peace of mind knowing they can communicate with their fellow travellers or workers all while their live location is visible, without mobile phone service.”
Priced at $549, the XRS-660 Handheld UHF CB Radio is available is available through authorised stockists listed on the GME website.
THE NEXT STEP
Are you ready to experience the freedom of the open road? Don't wait - Find your dream getaway now!